1. Shuttle bus/car is the most popular transport mean to Halong Bay among other options: train, helicopter. You can choose to hire private car or use shuttle bus service which is normally included in Halong Bay tour package.
2. Train from Hanoi to Halong Bay departs at 7:05 am (Gia Lam train station), arrive Halong Bay at 12:00 am. On the way back, Halong Bay departs at 3:00pm to get back Hanoi at 8:05pm. As reviewed, this train schedule is not convenient and takes longer time than shuttle bus.
3. Helicopter is available and supplied by Vietnam Northern Service Flight Company. This service is only available for charter and be at higher budget range. They have MIA-17 (24 seat) and MIA -8 (12 seat), produced by Russia.
4. 3.5 – 4 hour is the certain time for transfer from Hanoi to Halong Bay for 170km distance. Because of road conditions and speed limitation that this bus trip will be slow and time consuming.
5. You will be picking up at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter. Indochina Junk does pick up our visitors at their hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter. Other places far from Old Quarter, please contact us for details. Other tour operators might not pick up at your hotel, they will ask you to be at certain place or their office… for pick up, and so you should check it in advance.
6. You can get directly from NoiBai Airport to Halong Bay, it takes 3.5 hour from Airport to Halong Bay. Because there is not shuttle bus service with pick up at Airport so you have to hire private car for this service. Please, note the standard check in time for Halong Bay cruise is 12:00, you should arrange your flight time to fit this schedule.
7. You can travel from Hai Phong city/ Hai Phong Airport to Halong Bay by private car. It is about 75 km from Hai Phong city/ Hai Phong Airport to Halong Bay and 2 hour transfer.
8. You can travel from Halong Bay to Cat Ba island by taking wooden junk from BaiChay habor to Gia Luan habor, from there you get shuttle bus to Cat Ba town. Another option is taking ferry from TuanChau island to Gia Luan habor then Cat Ba town.
9. You can travel from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh city. Ninh Binh is also a great place to visit. After Halong Bay trip, you can get local bus to Ninh Binh at BaiChay bus station (not far from habor). There is also private car available for this transfer service.
10. You can travel from Halong Bay to Sapa by bus (Phuc Xuyen bus). They have daily schedule at 16:45 and 18:45, departing from BaiChay bus station to Sapa. However, it is a long distance, nearly 500km.
>>Travel Experiences in Halong overnight cruise (P6) >>Travel Experiences in Halong overnight cruise (P7) 7. Other considerations – You should subscribe transport services from Hanoi – Halong – Hanoi...